I Try And Tell You What This Means To Me 5

For I felt nothing,
which was cool,

totally cool with me.

...

For I had some work done
on my face.




But we don't feel nothing.

"Whatever" — I feel almost everything!


The muscles in my face
connect me to almost everything,

Which is cool.


We return to each other
through the juiced sodas in our faces.


2

Pert Plus Shampoo
and a lack of soda:

my heart was full of holes
and skipped beats,

and my childhood meant I could not have soda

except Caffeine Free Coke.





3

If they are commodities, manufactured by large corporations, and if we do not know the labor practices of these corporations (the materials they use, how they secure them, what kinds of wages and benefits their workers receive), if we do not understand them...

then our identity is as much theirs as it is ours.



4

Donna Vivino was used by
and gained capital from

Coke for this commercial in 1983.


She was born less than an hour's ride from the New Jersey coastline...


5

Reader, you have come along and traced this,

and it is time to tell me what it means.